Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Holiday at ROTORUA and GISBOURNE



On the second week of the holidays. :Me, my Mum, my Dad, my little brother, and my little sister went in a car for a road trip, we went from Auckland to Rotorua. We left our house on Tuesday and it took us about 2-3 hours to get there. On the way we saw heaps of trees and that reminded me about how we all breath fresh air from the trees, as for other countries; it's really hot and you could get really sunburned. In other countries they can hardly breath because of all the pollution in the air. Pollution is when :not much trees are around, there are heaps of people living in that country, or that their are many factories around the city and are making clouds of smoke in the the air. When we got to Rotorua it smelled like rotten eggs and my dad said that was called sulphur. We had already checked in online and all we had to do next was get our card, take in all our luggage and think of what plans we were going to do next. The Hotel we checked 'in was called Rydges. We all decided that we all should go swimming of course because if we would vote in our family about which town is the best to go swimming at????? We would choose Rotorua. We went swimming at about 7-30 and swam for 1-2 hours. I backstroked really well and I also free styled really well, but the swimming style that I'm not quite good at is breaststroke. I haven't practised that style so that not why I'm good at it. I met a friend and he said he likes to breaststroke. So he told me a few tips and I learned quite a lot from him. We then played who can do the best handstand under the water. I did cool tricks from my break dancing career. The next day we went to Gisbourne. This time it took 4-5 hours to get to Gisbourne because I think that we went the long way which was through the Gorge. The Gorge from Rotorua to Gisbourne has many mountains and is very dangerous in winter. When we got there we saw a beach that is known as the best surfing beach in New Zealand. The beach was called Wainui beach. When we got back from Gisbourne we went straight into the pools. Do you want to know what the strange thing is when we got to the pools. We saw my cousins Canaan and Xavier. I was really shocked when I found out that they must of checked in the same hotel as us. We played rugby in the pools and then I played tag with my younger cousin, since he had to play in the shallow pool, but the bad news was that he had no one to play with, so I did. The next day was farewell to the hotel and hello back home. As we were on our way out I was the last one because I stayed for a minute or two to say goodbye to the room. When we arrived home i felt really lucky and that that was a holiday to remember.
Special thanks to www.davidwhitfield.co.nz and images.travelpod.com for the cool photos.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Erene,
    A good piece of writing Erene.
    How wonderful to be able to spend time with your whole family - and out of town too! I know what you mean about Rotorua smelling like eggs. I've only been there once, it is a beautiful place. Did you go to the pools that are naturally heated? How about those mud pools that go plop? What a lovely surprise to have your cousins on holiday with you. It's good that you look after your cousins when they have no one to play with.
    Keep up the good writing Erene.
    Mrs Tele'a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Erene,
    What an excellent and interesting recount. I really liked the way you've described clearly where we went and what we did on holiday. Though I must add that I was actually scared going through the gorge in the wet weather. I'm really glad that this is one holiday you'll always remember, because its one I will remember too.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erene,

    that was a really neat recount of your trip, which was a nice way to end the holidays.

    Your cousins Canaan and Xavier were so excited to see you guys when we arrived in Rotorua. What a coincidence aye!

    Canaan enjoyed the rugby game in the pool and didnt want to come out. As for Xavier, he was just glad to have his big cuz look out for him & keep him company in the shallow pool. Thanks Renz.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erene,
    I love reading your blog
    posts.
    You are really good writing.
    One day I think you are going to be successful.
    Thank-you for commenting on mine as well.
    Keep up the good work.
    God Bless.
    Kind reguards from your best friend Joshua.

    ReplyDelete